No stitching happened in 2016; instead, an interest in drawing, watercoloring, and card-making took front and center.
Some (but, by no means, all) of the resources I utilized for classes and for inspiration for drawing, watercoloring, and card-making were:
- Sandy Allnock — I took her Whimsical Sketching online course, and I regularly watched her YouTube channel.
- Christy Tomlinson (Scarlet Lime) — I took several of her classes and enjoyed them all. Even though I didn’t delve into mixed media myself, it was very inspirational watching her process. I did try a little bit of watercoloring after taking one of her watercolor classes.
- Jennifer McGuire — A favorite card-making YouTube-er.
- Kristina Werner — Another favorite card-making YouTube-er.
- Online Card Classes — Lots of fun and informative card-making classes are offered. Their YouTube channel has informal, in-depth interviews with those in the card-making arena.
- Vicky Papaioannou — I loved her art-journal videos, in particular.
The first two projects below were from the Whimsical Sketching class mentioned above. The third project was a Lilipopo freebie coloring page which I used to play around with watercoloring. And then I’ve included a handful of the cards I made, which is a small fraction of how many I made in 2016….I handmade cards for EVERYONE in our address book that holiday season!! I enjoyed doing it, but it was rather like a one-woman card-making sweatshop in our living room for a short period of time ;-).